• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by bladerunnerevan
    Hey guys!
    I just visted buckley's mine last weekend, I think it was January 28th or 29th. Its a tough hike up there but definitely worth it, there isn't much snow either since that side of Rock Canyon tends to get a lot of sun. Going up the ladder was really scary, and then going down was even worse. The shaft gets very tight and my backpack got stuck about half way down. I found some "metal rock" in the upper part of the mine maybe something like iron...does anyone know? Also i heard that this mine had 4 levels, I think I only saw 3, the main one, up the ladder, then the top gate. I also found a tunnel leading back pretty far that i didn't have time to explore completely. Hopefully i'll get back up there soon. Any way i'm new into this mine exploring thing and its pretty sweet, if you have any suggestions on good mines in the Provo/Orem area please let me know. I also ventured down to Santaquin a while back but all of the mines I found were collapsed.
    Welcome from down in Las Vegas!

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• offroadcmpr
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Feb 2009

That is definitely lots of iron-oxide in the mine, especially in the upper levels. It is quite a fun mine, I will probably head up there when its gets warmer. We will see. There is another level that goes down below the main level, but I have never gone down it since I would need a rope.

Comment

Working...