X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kelly Rees
    Mojave Teen
    • Feb 2009

Dugway Slideshow

Spent a little time out there with the family Sunday. Great Trip! Spent about 4 hours underground.

Click the pic for the slideshow

www.wasatchsport.com
    PM me for special Mojave Underground pricing on all of your climbing/exploring needs.
  • Stuart
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Looks like fun! Did you drop that ladderway?
    -Stuart Burgess
    Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
    Burgess Exploration LLC
    http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
    Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• Kelly Rees
      Mojave Teen
      • Feb 2009

I didnt trust the ladder with my life plus there were some sections missing. We tied off up top and dropped in on rope. Thats when I found the adit that connects about 1/2 way down. You can walk into the mid point of the shaft from one of the adits outside (not as much fun as bombing in though).

The mine is huge inside, we were in there 3 hours and still have more to explore. Theres allot of false wood floors and tunnels that criss cross underneath each other. We were deeper in the tunnels than the bottom of the shaft. It's a honeycomb under there I think.
      www.wasatchsport.com
      PM me for special Mojave Underground pricing on all of your climbing/exploring needs.

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

I think I saw a bit-o-gold at the end of that slideshow... do tell!

Good looking mine! I'd have to take a close look at that ladder, from what I saw, it looked droppable in the photos. Looks like a strong mine; dry, lots of cribbing, wouldn't mind checking it out myself.
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Stuart
          Administrator
          True Mojave
          • Sep 2007

I need to get out there, I still haven't been in the four metals. From your pictures it looks like a dry mine, did you get down to the water level?
          -Stuart Burgess
          Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
          Burgess Exploration LLC
          http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
          Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• Kelly Rees
            Mojave Teen
            • Feb 2009

LOL... the gold is just some stuff I have collected. Nothing fantastic.

Did not get to the water level. Hit a few rooms that were very humid and warmer. Theres no need to do the ladder if you find the adit. You just jump across the shaft and your in most of the mine through there.

PLEASE dont try the ladder! I will meet you out there with rope and harnesses if you want to bomb the shaft. The ladder is sketchy.
            www.wasatchsport.com

Comment

• ExpUt
              True Mojave
              • Jul 2008

Great pics. Small world, there were quite a few of us out there just a day earlier on Saturday, we too spent a decent amount of time in the Four Metals. I did climb up and down the ladder, however I didn't connect it to the hoist frame at the summit, rather I entered and exited via the horizontal level midway up the hill. We climbed down to the bottom level of the ladders on the false floor, though we didn't drop any lower than that, did you?

Did you check out any of the mines in Kelley's Hole to the south?
              Kurt Williams
              CruiserOutfitters.com
              ExpeditionUtah.com
              MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Kelly Rees
                Mojave Teen
                • Feb 2009

Didnt go to Kelly's, headed to Death Canyon to check on Floyds stuff.

We went across the shaft on the tunnel that you went in. Just kept following that all over the place. No clue how deep we went or how far. I know it covers some ground because we found some caved in shafts with ore chutes underground then tracked them down up top.

We may have been below the bottom of the ladders. Hard to say...we were just having a blast exploring. Laughed the whole time at all the rocks we were gawkin at and trying to identify.
                www.wasatchsport.com

Comment

• ExpUt
                  True Mojave
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Kelly Rees
                  Didnt go to Kelly's, headed to Death Canyon to check on Floyds stuff.

We went across the shaft on the tunnel that you went in. Just kept following that all over the place. No clue how deep we went or how far. I know it covers some ground because we found some caved in shafts with ore chutes underground then tracked them down up top.

We may have been below the bottom of the ladders. Hard to say...we were just having a blast exploring. Laughed the whole time at all the rocks we were gawkin at and trying to identify.
                  Cool, I followed that shaft across for a bit of a distance but we spend the majority of our time at the bottom of the vertical shaft. I don't think the ladder stops there, I think its plugged with debris. I couldn't see the ladder below but it definitely opened up into a room below that seemed to go for some distance.

We missed you by a day in Death Canyon too. We were out that way on Friday
                  Kurt Williams
                  CruiserOutfitters.com
                  ExpeditionUtah.com
                  MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Kelly Rees
                    Mojave Teen
                    • Feb 2009

I think we'll head back out there in about 2 weeks. The next couple of weekends are pretty tied up for me, I have to work the ISE show and stuff. Maybe we could meet up out there and really tear into the heart of it.
                    www.wasatchsport.com

Comment

• ExpUt
                      True Mojave
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Kelly Rees
                      I think we'll head back out there in about 2 weeks. The next couple of weekends are pretty tied up for me, I have to work the ISE show and stuff. Maybe we could meet up out there and really tear into the heart of it.
                      Would love to get out that way again, I'm tied up for the next couple of weekends but hope to get back out there sooner than later.
                      Kurt Williams
                      CruiserOutfitters.com
                      ExpeditionUtah.com
                      MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Mark1955
                        Advanced Explorer
                        Mojave Outlaw
                        • Dec 2008

Let me kow when you guys head out there... Again... I'll donate some 2X12's to the cause in attempt to make it safe to get past the shaft...if need be. I think it'd be a good idea since others will see these posts and ddo some exploring... Lets try to leave it in a safe condition for those others who will follow.

BTW... I love the family shot... Nothing better then a happy family exploring a cool mine!!

Mark

Comment

Working...