• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaverStretch
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Oct 2008

Honorine Mine

I had the chance to see the Honorine Mine about two weeks after Jeremy E fell to his death. I'd heard that the Sherriff's department told everyone in the news and the family that the mine was closed forever and posted No Tresspassing. When we got there the mine was still wide open and of course there were no signs or markers indicating private property. Now it did look like they made an attempt to close the mine, just not much of one. It is sad that he died, and I don't wish that on anyone or their family. They had his name spray painted on the wall with the date of his death, and the marker that we saw at the the time I thought ment mine shaft. It turns out that the X with a cirlce around it was Jeremy's tag for mine exploring.

The footage is old and was stored on a VHS tape. I didn't realize that all my tapes were slowly going by the way side. I made an attempt to capture all my VHS tapes, but the it was almost too late. But at least I have some what of a backup. Enjoy.

VIDEO COMING SOON!
    Robert Cranney
    Mojave Mine Team
    The "Dude with the Trailer"

"It's time to put on your big girl panties and climb that ladder."
  • RedRockXJ
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Jun 2008

Thanks Robert! That was great!

A few of those clips look familiar. I think I may have seen a video on youtube with a few of them sliced into a cool mining video with a bunch of other mine adventures. I'm sure that video was probably yours? Or maybe I'm high?
    Josh
    - Utah's Finest Outdoor Enthusiasts!

Comment

• UnderUtah
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jun 2008

Thanks for posting this one Rob. Just wondering if you would want to check with Mike about hosting it on his server instead of YouTube - just want to keep that footage copyrighted against potential media spin>>> "More SHOCKING footage, this time explorers were seen knocking rocks down the same shaft....Tonight only on ABC 4 Utah..."
      Miah
      Mojave Mine Team

"...It's the only way... Go in, or go back..."

Comment

• RedRockXJ
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Miner
        • Jun 2008

Haha!!

So true!
        Josh
        - Utah's Finest Outdoor Enthusiasts!

Comment

• Stuart
          Administrator
          True Mojave
          • Sep 2007

The footage is old and was stored on a VHS tape. I didn't realize that all my tapes were slowly going by the way side. I made an attempt to capture all my VHS tapes, but the it was almost too late. But at least I have some what of a backup. Enjoy.
          Hey it doesn't look too bad on YouTube. I would highly recommend that anyone with VHS tapes that they care about get them converted to a digital format of some sort ASAP. VHS will not last forever, in fact most VHS will be almost unwatchable after 20 years.

Thanks for posting this video Rob!
          -Stuart Burgess
          Mojave Mine Team

Project Manager
          Burgess Exploration LLC
          http://www.burgex.com

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MineExplorer
          Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MineExplorer

Comment

• ExpUt
            True Mojave
            • Jul 2008

Thanks for the video!
            Kurt Williams
            CruiserOutfitters.com
            ExpeditionUtah.com
            MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• CaverStretch
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Miner
              • Oct 2008

Eventually I am going to post everything on my site. But I can post videos on the server here. I have no problem with that. I have a bunch of videos that I want to put on the site. Many mines and caves.
              Robert Cranney
              Mojave Mine Team
              The "Dude with the Trailer"

"It's time to put on your big girl panties and climb that ladder."

Comment

Working...