X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dwayne27
    Mojave Teen
    • Dec 2008

Difficulty/Technicallity

So how often do you encounter technical stuff in mines? Rappeling, ascending, climbing... any of that going on?
  • Derek
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2008

If you so choose almost every mine that we explore has these opportunities in them, it's just a matter of having the right equipment and being able to reasonably mitigate any hazards that are present. Most of the mine team has done some sort of repelling and/or climbing in their life, but to be completely honest with you doing this underground is an area that we have only recently started looking into doing. Any help and experience that you could bring to the table would be much appreciated.
    -Derek
    Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Dwayne27
      Mojave Teen
      • Dec 2008

Fantastic! I like being able to offer something back.

I have done a lot of canyoneering this year, and taken quite a few classes from the American Canyoneering Association, all dealing with rappeling, rope work, ascending, rope rescue systems, stuff like that. I cant say I am an expert at the rescue stuff as (hopefully) you dont have to many chances to practice it, but I will take more classes in the spring, and am pretty good with rope work stuff. I'd be happy to share what I know...

Comment

• Derek
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Outlaw
        • Jul 2008

Thanks that would be great.
        -Derek
        Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• UnderUtah
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Jun 2008

Any additional expertise is greatly appreciated. We have a number of leads that will require participants to be skilled and properly geared to decend and ascend. We ought to set-up a trip to an indoor climbing wall to get the group on rope to practice / learn and improve our skills.
          Looking forward to having you on the team!
          Miah
          Mojave Mine Team

"...It's the only way... Go in, or go back..."

Comment

Working...