A BIG Thanks to the Mojave Underground team !!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XXX Snow
    Mojave Teen
    • Sep 2008

A BIG Thanks to the Mojave Underground team !!!

I would like to thank Mike, Stu, Crystal, Harley and anyone I forgot for the trip to the Ophir Hill mine yesterday. The trip exceeded all my expectations and was well planned and organized. Harley was a talking encyclopedia with all his knowledge on mines. Once again thanks and looking forward to another outing.
    Brent
  • CaverStretch
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Oct 2008

Yes, thanks for planning and organizing this event. Very well done and a great time. I did get some video footage. If I can get the internet to work for more than 10 seconds I will try and post it. I would love to see some of the photos that were taken too.

Robert
    Robert Cranney
    Mojave Mine Team
    The "Dude with the Trailer"

"It's time to put on your big girl panties and climb that ladder."

Comment

• Derek
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Outlaw
      • Jul 2008

Sounds like everyone had fun, hopefully I'll make it next time.
      -Derek
      Mojave Mine Team

Comment

• Crystal

Thank you all for coming, I had a great time and it was great to meet everyone.
        I would also like to thank Miah for providing the helmet stickers and food.

Comment

• Mike
          Administrator
          True Mojave
          • Sep 2007

My only wish is that it could have been longer. I'm glad all our planning and preparation came out successfully.
          -Fish
          Mojave Mine Team
          MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• John
            Advanced Explorer
            Mojave Miner
            • Oct 2008

Thank you all very much for putting this trip together.
            Truly a surpassed expectations. I just wish with I had the time to go back in the with the rest of you....Next time maybe.

Again, great adventure.

Comment

• rhartill
              Advanced Explorer
              Mojave Outlaw
              • Jun 2008

An amazing experience

Thanks to Mike, Stuart, Crystal, Miah, Harley and ALL the participants of the MU Introduction to Mine Exploration. It was a wonderful experience made more so because while I have explored a few mines in my day, up until Saturday, my son Brannan did not have the chance to go down inside one with his old man. Now that too is history and he has posted several photos to his facebook page and is sharing his adventure with his school pals. And yes, Stuart, you are RIGHT, desktop exploring and research is one thing, but NOTHING BEATS experiencing it face-to-face!

Thanks again for a wonderful time, and the chance to meet a few whose usernames now have faces...

still tryin to post my photos somewhere to share... (imageposter herein doesn't seem to be working)

Comment

• Mike
                Administrator
                True Mojave
                • Sep 2007

Glad you had a good time. We put a lot of time and effort into making the trip as good as possible. Can't wait to see your photos! I'm working on why imageposter isn't working on the forum. Been giving us some trouble for some time now.
                -Fish
                Mojave Mine Team
                MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Crystal

For those of you who weren't able to join us last Saturday here is an overview of what happened:
                  All of us arrived at the mouth of Ophir Canyon right on time and were able to fill out the necessary paper work and get to meet everyone.
                  After we drove to the mine we gathered everybody into groups and headed into the mine. On the way in we were able to poke at some dog-toothed crystals and some even took a few home. We followed the haulage tunnel all the way down to the end, stopping here and there looking at some equipment and ore shoots. At the end of the tunnel we saw where the hoisting equipment once was and the main incline. For those interested in rocks we went up a stope close by and rock hounded.
                  Finally we made our way back to the Big Room where Harley was able to fulfill his lifetime dream of playing his guitar in a mine. The acoustics were fantastic. When everyone exited the mine we all had a great lunch provided by Mike and Miah. It was a great day of mine exploring!!

Comment

Working...