• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fredmcain
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Feb 2013

Western resources / deer trail mine

Group,

Is anyone familiar with the Deer Trail Mine which is evidently owned by Western Resources? I found some pictures of it here from their website:

http://www.westernpacificresources.com/s/ProjectPhotos.asp?ReportID=570876&_Type=Project-Photos&_Title=Deer-Trail-Mine

Looking through there it is obvious that this mine has tracks. But the railway appears to be out of service from the way things look.

Does anybody know if anything is going on at the Deer Trail?

Regards,
    Fred M. Cain
    Fred M. Cain,
    U.S. Route 66 Recommissioning Initiative
    www.bringbackroute66.com
  • sanpet
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Mar 2011

The last I heard about 6-7 months ago it was in operating. Now I have heard it has been sold. Who too I don't know.

Comment

• fredmcain
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by sanpet
      The last I heard about 6-7 months ago it was in operating. Now I have heard it has been sold. Who too I don't know.
      The way I understand it, the abandoned Deer Trail Mine was bought and reopened by an outfit called Unico. They got just so far with the project before they sold the mine to Western Pacific Resources. WPR's website has numerous pictures of the mine, some of which show the mine's railway but nothing looks like it's in service. I have sent several e-mails to WPR requesting inforamtion but have receive no response. That is a bad sign. I will attempt to attach a pictures of the the adit showing the mine's railway.

http://s0.uploads.im/fltVQ.jpg

As you can see, those tracks look very, very rusty. Neat looking mine, though.

Here's another shot outside the adit portal taken further back showing the cars and tracks.

This mine is outta sight! I wish I could go there someday. In the meantime I might buy some stock in the company *IF* they ever get back to me!

Regards,
      Fred M. Cain
      Last edited by fredmcain; 03-25-2014, 07:26 AM. Reason: ADDED PHOTO
      Fred M. Cain,
      www.bringbackroute66.com

Comment

• Brahmabull1018
        Mojave Cowboy
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by fredmcain
        The way I understand it, the abandoned Deer Trail Mine was bought and reopened by an outfit called Unico. They got just so far with the project before they sold the mine to Western Pacific Resources. WPR's website has numerous pictures of the mine, some of which show the mine's railway but nothing looks like it's in service. I have sent several e-mails to WPR requesting inforamtion but have receive no response. That is a bad sign. I will attempt to attach a pictures of the the adit showing the mine's railway.

http://s0.uploads.im/fltVQ.jpg

As you can see, those tracks look very, very rusty. Neat looking mine, though.

Here's another shot outside the adit portal taken further back showing the cars and tracks.

This mine is outta sight! I wish I could go there someday. In the meantime I might buy some stock in the company *IF* they ever get back to me!

Regards,
        Fred M. Cain

Fred - this mine looks awesome! What city is it in?
        Pale Death beats equally at the poor man's gate and at the palaces of Kings.

- Horace

Comment

• fredmcain
          Mojave Cowboy
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Brahmabull1018
          Fred - this mine looks awesome! What city is it in?
          I think it's near Marysville somewhere.

-Fred M. Cain
          Fred M. Cain,
          www.bringbackroute66.com

Comment

• sanpet
            Mojave Cowboy
            • Mar 2011

It is just a few miles south of Marysville and on the west side of US 89 about a mile from the road. You can see the mine site from the road. I have heard from some people from the town say it is going to start up again. When I do not know. But soon.

Comment

Working...