X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danb
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Sep 2009

Inside the Star Tunnel about 1989. Crap I'm getting old.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	img120.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	11358
    We do it underground and under water.
    Claims Manager, Utah Gold Prospector Club

Comment

• ExpUt
      True Mojave
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Hawkeye-TP
      Thanks. I'm still not able to create and avatar. I shall remain a Ghost. I was behind the camera for all those photos...

Yes, the Star was supposedly super wet and flooded. They dropped a shaft at some point to connect it to a drainage tunnel in an effort to get the Star profitable. That shaft connects with the Mayflower. Also, somehow the Star connects with the Park Galena. I found this interesting blog post about hiking with the old Mayflower Superintendent who talked about climbing that shaft from Mayflower up 800ft to these other mines.

In what seems to be becoming tradition, or at least habit, we joined Captain Mike for a hike a week ago Sunday (11/01/09 - @#$%^&* computer ...

I would be surprised if the Star were not collapsed with how wet it was rumored to be. The Mayflower sure wasn't holding up well. I came across this site posting clippings about the Mayflower from Journals and news papers.

http://utahrails.net/mining/new-park-mining.php
      Great info!
      Kurt Williams
      CruiserOutfitters.com
      ExpeditionUtah.com
      MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• Hawkeye-TP
        Mojave Teen
        • Feb 2013

Awesome Danb! Thanks ExpUt. Definitely some good history with these mines!

Comment

Working...