X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fredmcain
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Feb 2013

The Search For April Pitzer

Has everyone seen this video?: http://www.undergroundexplorers.com/videos.htm

(It's the one in the upper-right hand corner). It is now a few years old and I was just wondering if anyone has any new information on this. Has the search for April been completely abandoned?

Near the end of the video there is a reference to a website www.whereisapril or something. That website has been taken down.

Have there been any new developments in this case that have been made public?

Regards,
    Fred M. Cain
    Fred M. Cain,
    U.S. Route 66 Recommissioning Initiative
    www.bringbackroute66.com
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

It's been too long, they'll never find her. No new updates besides that the mother continues to search.
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• fredmcain
      Mojave Cowboy
      • Feb 2013

Group,

I have some questions on this video that I was hoping we might be able to discuss. There are a couple of things that I’m not sure I fully understand.

First of all, they found some of April's clothing in that one mine – I think they said it was the Waterman Mine. Well, that would pretty well suggest to me that that is where her body has to be but they didn't find it. Instead, they began searching other mines around Barstow, Calif. which made no sense to me at first. But I might have found the explanation for this. I did a Google search for April Pitzer and found a transcription of a radio broadcast where April's mom had been interviewed. She stated in the interview that clothing had actually been found in *TWO* different mines. That is very weird and highly intriguing. Could it be that she was somehow held prisoner in one mine and then later moved to a different mine?
      Here is the URL to the radio broadcast transcription:

http://missingpiecesshow.homestead.com/MissingPiecesEpisode14Archive.html

There is a lot of reading in there, though and some parts of it seemed a little bit repetitive. It was so long that I kind of scanned it.
      April's mom also said that the cadaver dogs laid down around a shaft of one mine but then later wouldn't do that anymore after search parties returned suggesting that perhaps her body had been moved. April's mom also insinuated that some of the people April had been hanging out with might have been involved in the meth trade. Could this perhaps be a drug gang related murder?

Getting back to mining, the other thing that puzzled me was that the narrator said there were some very deep winzes and stopes in the bottom of the Lead Mountain Mine which were deemed "to risky to explore" and "if anyone was down there they would never be found".

But at the end of the video it was stated the family could rest assured that April is not in any of these mines (or words to that effect). Hmmm. That seems a little bit like a contradiction to me since they were unable to get to the bottom of that one mine. It seems likely to me that she probably is in one of those mines, but where? And if she is not in a mine at all then where else could she possibly be?

One additional fascinating facet of this case is that a company planned to reopen the Bagdad Chase Mine last year. I do not know if this ever came to pass or what kind of mining techniques they planned to use. Here is the URL to that article:

http://www.desertdispatch.com/articles/plans-12722-reopen-says.html

It could very well be that the mining company might find her *IF* she is in that mine.

One shutters to imagine what the poor kid's last hours or days of her life were like. One can only hope that she didn't suffer too much and that she is now in Paradise.

Regards,
      Fred M. Cain
      Fred M. Cain,
      U.S. Route 66 Recommissioning Initiative
      www.bringbackroute66.com

Comment

Working...