• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaverStretch
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Oct 2008

Pneumatic Hoist Project Ophir Hill Mine

For about the last 3 months we have been working on a project in the Ophir Hill Mine. This mine is located in the Ophir Utah area. The Ophir Hill Mine is the premiere mine in Utah Mine Exploring experience. The passages, stopes, shafts, inclines offer hours of endless fun and exploration. However, this mine is on private property and to ensure a good standing relationship with the land owners the Mojave Underground has carried out some very extensive projects. Some of the projects included removal of ore carts, incline carts, motors, and mucking and shoring of various passages. Most of these artifacts have been removed to be places in the Ophir Museum.

Recently, in conjunction with the owners, Jeremiah Chesley has put together and led a very extensive and labor intesive project to remove the pneumatic hoist located at the top of an old incline in a section called Crystals Incline.

This was not an easy task. Through multiple trips, many hours spent designing and redesigning, Miah was able to formulate a plan to remove this hoist one piece at a time.

This weekend we were able to pull out the last piece. It was quite an adventure over the last few months, and I was able to document it. The trips are divided into four videos. Here are the links:

Trip One:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Trip Two:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Trip Three:

Trip Four:

Thanks to all the volunteers who came out and helped. And a special thanks to Jeremiah Chesley who donated hundreds of hours and a countless amount of funds to make this project happen.

Robert Cranney
    Mojave Mine Team
    Robert Cranney
    Mojave Mine Team
    The "Dude with the Trailer"

"It's time to put on your big girl panties and climb that ladder."
  • Joanne
    Mojave Outlaw
    • Jul 2009

I don't know who filmed and edited the videos, but he/she/they did a nice job! Anyone can turn on a camera and record. It's a lot more work to capture interesting shots and edit them together into a nice video.

Joanne
    Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

• hightech
      Mojave Baby
      • Dec 2008

Thank you!

Thank you for clarifying that you are only removing the equipment at the request of the owner.

I would not want to encourage readers to otherwise remove artifacts from the mines.

CAMCE has a strick policy to observe and preserve. We believe in leaving the history of the mine in tack for other explorers to find. I hope others will do the same.

HighTech

Comment

• mr_ketchum
        Mojave Teen
        • Nov 2017

Is there a reason why the videos are unavailable?

Comment

• Joanne
          Mojave Outlaw
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by mr_ketchum
          Is there a reason why the videos are unavailable?
          I can only guess that they have been removed from YouTube. They are old links but I don't think that would make a difference.

Joanne
          Love to camp? Love to eat? Here's the place! www.camp-cook.com

View my ghost town & mine exploration photos: http://www.asolidfoundation.com/mines/mine_home.htm

Comment

Working...