X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iamsquat
    Mojave Teen
    • Jun 2008

Buckley papers

so...I was researching a little bit about Buckley's (the Monarch) mine and came across some papers that are in the Special Collections here at BYU...so...I'm going to go check them out and if there's anything good make some copies and put them up for everyone to read

James
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Love to read them!
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• ExpUt
      True Mojave
      • Jul 2008

Any updates?
      Kurt Williams
      CruiserOutfitters.com
      ExpeditionUtah.com
      MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• iamsquat
        Mojave Teen
        • Jun 2008

sorry for the wait...kinda forgot that I posted this :P well as for the papers it was just some random tidbits about the mine (owner, what they mined etc...the same stuff that's up on mindat) I'm going to keep poking around though. If you want me to check something for you guys here at the library I'd be more than happy to do it.

Comment

• Danb
          Advanced Explorer
          Mojave Cowboy
          • Sep 2009

Is this the Monarch Mine north of the old Marble Head Lime Plant? West side of Great Salt Lake. If so, the tunnel goes back a 100 ft or so. I don’t remember if it ended or was caved at that point. Foundations, machinery etc. and a few other diggings up higher. Good area to explore. To bad Marble Head is gone. It was really cool…

pdf the papers you found and post them.

Thanks,
          Dan
          We do it underground and under water.
          Claims Manager, Utah Gold Prospector Club

Comment

• iamsquat
            Mojave Teen
            • Jun 2008

no this is a different mine I believe. Mindat lists it as being in Provo http://www.mindat.org/loc-39133.html up in rock canyon. It really is quite a cool mine...even though it is quite small. I'll probably be heading up there again sometime soon when I go I'll take the coordinates and post them up.

Comment

• iamsquat
              Mojave Teen
              • Jun 2008

finally....

so...sorry about the wait....schedule/time problems last semester so took advantage of this morning to do a little research.
              Attached is a paper that I found that was published in 1907. Some intersting info on the mine and surrounding area.

download document here

a .doc formatted version for all you MS word users....
              Last edited by iamsquat; 01-13-2012, 02:20 PM. Reason: .doc formatted download

Comment

Working...