Park City Mine Locations

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ColinD

Park City Mine Locations

i have had great fun this summer hiking the Park City mines. There are so many out there and wanted to see if anyone had any detailed maps or locations of the mines in the PC area.
    There are the major ones, but does anyone know of more details of mines lessor known in these hills and how to find them?
    especially before they all get covered.
  • ExpUt
    True Mojave
    • Jul 2008

Two of the best resources are going to be history books and maps. I'd suggest you start with the Benchmark Utah Atlas and Treasure Mountain Home, Park City Revisited. Have the map out as you read through the book and mark locations you would like to visit. As for open mines in the PC area, very few, most have been reclaimed or are still privately owned and thus are gated and secured. Another great book is Park City Past and Present, it just came out but has some fantastic photos of the mines, mills, etc in a past and present pictorial comparison.
    Kurt Williams
    CruiserOutfitters.com
    ExpeditionUtah.com
    MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• lobster68w
      Advanced Explorer
      Mojave Miner
      • Dec 2008

For a pretty thorough view of past mines, I'd use the MRDS from the USGS.

The bad part of Park City and LCC and BCC is that most of the big mines are used for water supply. This makes them über sensitive.

Éirinn go Brách

Comment

• ExpUt
        True Mojave
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by lobster68w
        ...The bad part of Park City and LCC and BCC is that most of the big mines are used for water supply. This makes them über sensitive.
        Very true! Ontario, Spiro, Solitude, Bay City, Emma, Cardiff, Wasatch Drain Tunnel, South Hecla, etc are all water storage in their modern lives.
        Kurt Williams
        CruiserOutfitters.com
        ExpeditionUtah.com
        MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

Working...