• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike369
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Sep 2010

Weekend trip

So I went out four wheeling in my Jeep over the weekend. It was pretty good weather for wheeling. We went and did Rattlesnake and part of Constrictor but my Jeep isn't as tough as it should be and wouldn't make all of constrictor. Anyways, we tooled around the area just looking for open mines and what not. We didn't take our mine exploration gear, just our helmets and lights. We didn't really plan on going into anything we hadn't been in before, we just wanted to reconnoiter the area. We found some that we are going to go back to later this summer. Well we finally made it to Dry Canyon and decided that we would try to make it to the Utah Queen. We couldn't do it because there was still a ton of snow up there. We could have probably hiked, but like I said we didn't have all of our equipment so we turned around and headed to the Skin Diver.
    Now here is my question: has anyone gone down the stope in the Skin Diver? We threw a rock down there and you could hear it hit a pipe on the way down. I only had 50' of rope so we couldn't even get close to it. I think at least 150' rope would do the trick. Next time I make it out there I am planning on going down and taking a look and I know the air might be bad but I do have an air meter.

• Colton Gardner
    Mojave Baby
    • Jul 2013

Any update on the Skin Diver? I've been there a couple times but haven't been able to check out the lower section. I don't have an air meter either and wouldn't want to be the first to find out that there's bad air. There are plenty of folks saying they want to or plan to go down it, but I haven't heard any updates.

Comment

Working...