• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bergdh
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Cowboy
    • Apr 2008

Lost Rhodes Mine

So I know this is a hot topic around some other forums, and throughout the years. But I wanted to see if anyone here has ever been out looking or done much research on the "lost rhodes mine" or the "lost josephine mine" or the "lost spanish mine" as it seems these all refer to the same mine.

I have heard a little about it from the time I moved to carbon county, seeing how the rhodes where some of the original settlers.
    <big></big>R. Berg #02
    C. Berg
    A. Berg

Supporting Your Adventure
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

I spend about a half year researching and looking for them while working in the Oil field. Its a hot topic up in Vernal. I gave up, as thousands of others are searching, and the mine is not going to be found until its ready to be.
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• ExpUt
      True Mojave
      • Jul 2008

Similar thread on the subject:

I think its fair to say most mine explorers have been interested in the lore of lost treasures to some degree, for some it leads to a love of researching and history.
      Kurt Williams
      CruiserOutfitters.com
      ExpeditionUtah.com
      MojaveUnderground.com

Comment

• bergdh
        Advanced Explorer
        Mojave Cowboy
        • Apr 2008

Id love to sit and talk stories sometime! It is intriguing, I found what seems to be a stage play, written about a couple cowboys who came across a Spanish speaker, near notch peak who told them it was out there....? Seems to be there is lots of folklore around it. It really interesting too because my boss is related to the Rhodes family, Thomas was like his great great grandpa or something.
        <big></big>R. Berg #02
        C. Berg
        A. Berg

Supporting Your Adventure

Comment

• Kelly Rees
          Mojave Teen
          • Feb 2009

It's out there, some say they know where but I'm guessin they are full of shit. Most of those old mines are nothin but a small dent in the ground now.
          www.wasatchsport.com
          PM me for special Mojave Underground pricing on all of your climbing/exploring needs.

Comment

• one_bad_rover

kind of hard to log all those together. The Josephine is different that the Rhodes mines (7 of them). And as to Spanish Mines, thats probably most of what has already been opened and developed. Its a long and twisted conversation. Hit me up some time. The actual (according to docs) Josephine was closed a few years ago by the Forest service. There is a copper map of all of the Rhoades mines that was made by the mormon church, its not in their hands anymore... a certain Dale might have possession of it, hes got the silver bars with the spanish markings at very least.

Comment

Working...