X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eprobe
    Mojave Child
    • Jan 2009

San Rafael Swell Feb. 20-22

A group of us four-wheelers are going to be riding through the San Rafael Swell on Feb. 20-22. Here’s our schedule:

Fri., Feb. 20: Meet at Gilly’s convenience store in Ferron, UT at 8 a.m. Leave for Reef at 9 a.m. Taking the South Coal Wash through the Reef, to I-70 and down to Temple Mtn. Near Temple Mtn. we’ll take a right (s) into Behind-the-Reef/Wild Horse Road (Not “Little Wild Horse,” which is a Canyon). We’ll camp there the first night.

Sat., Feb. 21: Hike a few narrows. Possibly Little Horse and Bell, possibly Ding and Dang.

Sun., Feb. 22: Yet to be determined but will probably do some wheeling on our way out of the Swell.

Let me know if you want to join us!

Eric Probasco
    My ride: '81 CJ-5, 3.31 gears, 151 engine, one-piece rear axle, Dana 300 transfer, 31 x 10.50 tires.
  • Mike
    Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Sounds like a blast! Wish I could join. Just did Goblin Valley, Little Wild Horse, and the Vanadium mines a few months ago down there. Really neat area. Alas, Obama has not given me free gas, paid off my mortgage, and bought me a new truck, so I cannot join this time around. Thanks for the invite!
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• eprobe
      Mojave Child
      • Jan 2009

Other things he forgot to do

Nor has Obama healed the sick nor raised the dead. When's that going to happen? There's no chicken in my kitchen pot, either. You don't think we were sold a false bill of goods, do you?
      My ride: '81 CJ-5, 3.31 gears, 151 engine, one-piece rear axle, Dana 300 transfer, 31 x 10.50 tires.

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        True Mojave
        • Sep 2007

What?!? Obama lie to us and sell us a false bill?!? OH MY NEVER! Wait, come to think of it, Gas Prices are going up, taxes are set for raising, looks like he is keeping his word!
        -Fish
        Mojave Mine Team
        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• Crystal

Wow you two are completely off topic. If you would like to continue your Obama bashing go ahead under a different topic and please name it "Not my President"

Eric:
          Wish I could go on your four-wheeler trip but I don't have one.

Comment

• eprobe
            Mojave Child
            • Jan 2009

Heh, heh

Crystal: see a few topics back, "Misc hikes and explorations." I'm planning on exploring quite a few areas this winter/spring/summer. Not all require 4WD. I've got the $, might do some caving and/or prospecting as well.

Comment

• Mike
              Administrator
              True Mojave
              • Sep 2007

Now eprobe, is the a four-wheeling trip as in ATVs, or is this Offroading. I'm assuming the offroading route. In which case, we all have 4x4s.
              -Fish
              Mojave Mine Team
              MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• eprobe
                Mojave Child
                • Jan 2009

Offroading. We all have 4x4s. Mine is a piece of junk but I expect a replacement from Obama any day now. That's ties into the topic, doesn't it?

Comment

• eprobe
                  Mojave Child
                  • Jan 2009

I am also keeping an eye on MU's forum to participate in other people's trips.

Comment

• Mike
                    Administrator
                    True Mojave
                    • Sep 2007

Ties in well enough for me

Ya crystal thought you were speaking of ATVs. I've got myself an old piece of shat '91 Nissan SE V6 4x4 with some good ol Big-O XT tires. Always seems to do the job! I need to fix the carrier bearing, and apparently need some framework done on the front end for the radius arm, and replace my engine mounts before I can do any more serious offroading.
                    -Fish
                    Mojave Mine Team
                    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• eprobe
                      Mojave Child
                      • Jan 2009

Last call!

Last call! Meet us at Gilly's in Ferron on Fri., 8 a.m. to take a trip into the Swell!

Comment

• Mike
                        Administrator
                        True Mojave
                        • Sep 2007

Wish I could make it! Take good pics and tell us all about it
                        -Fish
                        Mojave Mine Team
                        MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook

Comment

• eprobe
                          Mojave Child
                          • Jan 2009

Summary of our San Rafael trip!

Comment

Working...