• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Therrin
    Advanced Explorer
    Mojave Miner
    • Jan 2011

Save Dogs! Get Presents!

(reposted from my other explorer forum, if that's okay.)

SaraBellum says:
    As most of you know, I'm a board member and active volunteer of the rescue Big Fluffy Dogs. Our primary focus is rescuing dogs in the Northeast, and then sending them to the Northeast to find homes. There are fewer unwanted dogs in the South, and the Northeastern winters are better suited for the Newfoundlands, Saint Bernards, and Great Pyranees dogs we tend to rescue.

Right now, we get pay a private company to transport our dogs. The rescue has grown to the point where this is no longer in our best interest financially, so we have decided to buy a van.

We need help, though, and that's where you come in, if you're interested. If you're not, that's cool too.

http://www.crowdri...ndraiser/SaraPerry

Here's a link to the CrowdRise.com fundraiser for our cause. Big Fluffy Dogs is a legit 501c(3) rescue, so donations are tax deductible, and you'll be sent a receipt.

If you donate $10 or more, you get presents, because presents are awesome.

Would you like Hydrotherapy to draw you a picture? She will!

Would you like me to knit you a scarf? I will!

Or, would you rather one of mine or Hydro's photographs? We can do that, too.

Failing all that, I can also bake some cookies and ship them to you.

Not only are you saving the lives of dogs, you get to choose what manner of wondrous homemade goodness will arrive at your door JUST for donating!

TL;DR: Go here: http://www.crowdri...ndraiser/SaraPerry Give money. Get presents. Win.

Notes: Apparently if you donate $50 or more you will be contacted later and will get to give a dog a name.

I realize none of you know these people, but they're working really hard to get this van, they've already got $1000 in donations just off my other forum already.

Original thread available here:

Last edited by Therrin; 06-23-2011, 10:06 PM.
    Herpin' so hard I'm derpin'.
    TRESSPASS??? Meeee? :mrgreen:
Working...