Administrator
    True Mojave
    • Sep 2007

Upcoming Event -Intro to Mine Exploration Ophir- May 9th 9am

[hr:393c508e68]

Intro to Mine Exploration :: The Ophir Hill Mine

May 9th, 2009 - 9am

Get a chance to get your hands dirty in a famous mine!

Mojave Underground is hosting another Introduction to Mine Exploration in the famous Ophir Hill Mine, Ophir, UT.

If you are new to mine exploration, or looking for a chance to meet new people inside one of the greatest mines in Utah, this trip will be exactly what you are looking for.

We will be providing a safety training course both outside the mine and within the mine to help educate explorers on how to properly explore mines.

EVENT DETAILS:

*Plan on meeting at 8AM at the mouth of Ophir Canyon - Coordinates to the meeting point are: 40°21'8.14"N 112°18'20.62"W We will be done by 2pm. Please do not arrive late!
    *Please brings your own safety gear! - This includes a helmet / hardhat, trustworthy light source, extra batteries, and a backup light.
    *We plan on examining minerals inside the mine, including galena, copper, and dogtooth spars.
    *We also plan on examining many mine structures within the mine, and will be discussing their use and functions.
    *Expect to help with some light service for the mine owner by taking out trash as we leave the mine.
    *You must be 18 years of age or older in order to participate.

This is a trip you do not want to miss out on! Feel free to bring your friends and family and become part of the funnest and fastest growing community of abandoned mine explorers in the country!

EVERYBODY IS INVITED! RSVP NOW!
    RSVP at Meetup.com: http://www.meetup.com/Mojave-Underground/

Donations are not required, but much appreciated! Help us cover food, gas, and guest costs by donating. You'll find a link to do so at: http://www.MojaveUnderground.com
    -Fish
    Mojave Mine Team
    MU Web Administrator

Follow us on Facebook
Working...