Clear All
  • Ashes_nonsense
    Mojave Baby
    • Jun 2018

Hello from Tooele Utah! exploring Jacob city

Hello Hello!

Ash here from ol Tooele Utah!
    I'm a geology student at the U of U!

I recently found this lill number : : while exploring Jacob City Utah. And was not disappointed when I got to reading threw the forms... that is until I realized its a pretty idle one at that.
    I hope it picks back up soon!

I'd like to meet like minded people in the area and possibly set up a trip for some exploring. Lately I've been pretty obsessed with Ophir, stockton and Jacob city mines. I've heard there is a mine in bauer that I'd really like to find, im wondering if its that structure by the rail road track or is it in the south mountain? Any way.

I have a love for the history in the hills and would love to soak up as much information as possible.

I plan on going up to Jacob city this weekend for a bit of mine exploring. No idea the name of the mine but its a horizontal entrance mine on the lower level behind some trees I almost missed it the last time I was up.

: Click image for larger version

Name:	20180602_160014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	11506 : Anyone know the name or of anything to expect while I'm in here? I had gone down a bit threw the main aduit but once it started splitting ways I turned around as I was not prepared, this time I plan to go fully prepared!

I'll also be taking a bunch of soil samples so I can play with the XRF in the lab. So if you happen to be up exploring too and you see a red haired weirdo meandering about say hello!

P.s. If my photos do not show up and rather show up as links, how do I change that?

P.s.s. follow me on instagram? https://www.instagram.com/ashes_nonsense/ and let me know you are from the forum!
Working...