• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crystal Burgess
    Mojave Baby
    • Apr 2016

NiteCore Lights

NiteCore EH1 Explosion Proof headlamp

Overall Review: This is a very solid light with a good output. The light seems to be
    much brighter than its listed 260 lumen output, with a nice wide beam. The headlamp is
    easy to charge with the magnetic cable and the batteries hold their charge well. I
    recommend use of this light only with a helmet/hardhat, it's not comfortable for
    wearing on your bare head for long periods of time.

Underground Review:
    Fits well on helmet, feels surprisingly snug, weight of the light
    is fairly well distributed across helmet. The position of the light faces down enough that
    it is out of the eyes of other people, which is a big plus! The throw of the beam is
    broad,illuminating more surface area making one more aware of their surroundings,
    which is important, especially in underground workings. The button on top of the light
    is easy to use with several different modes. Hold the button down for red light. Push the
    button to change light levels. Average run time is 5 hrs on high and up to 60 hours on
    the lowest setting. It has two 18650 batteries which are built in, are not replaceable, and
    are rechargeable via USB magnetic cable. The light itself is waterproof up to 2 meters
    and is also explosion proof..

Favorite Features:
    Comfortable with a helmet
    Direction of beam
    Holds a charge
    Lasts 10hrs on highest setting

Dislikes:
    Can't replace batteries
    Uncomfortable to wear without helmet

Conclusion
    The Explosion-proof headlamp has quickly become my favorite light to use underground. It fits well on my helmet and does not feel too heavy.The beam is bright and the run-time is great. I wish the batteries where changeable- this could be needed in an emergency situation.Great buy at $100, worth the price. This headlamp is a great choice for anyone who spends time underground for extended periods of time.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Crystal Burgess; 07-21-2016, 02:43 PM.
Working...